------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 07:50:28 -0700
From: "Damon Estep" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] PSTN to VoIP FXO gateways?
To: <asterisk-users@lists.digium.com>

Sure would like to hear experiences using various FXO to VoIP gateways
with *. It seems that any thread that has anything to do with
problematic FXO interfaces goes on forever with speculation about
everything under the sun. Unless there is someone out there with the
engineering experience to build a better one it is a waste of time, let
Digium deal with it. If the TDM400P can ever be made 99.99% reliable it
will be a great product and I will gladly buy them.

Now, what DOES work? Channel banks are a little pricey when you consider
the need for PRI interfaces to * to use them. The solution seems to be
inexpensive FXO <> VoIP Media Gateways, but there are only a few out
there and fewer reports of using them with *. If you use one please
share your experience!

mediatrix 1204. rock solid. I have deployed several of these units and have never had to touch any of them. They just keep running.

I would strongly suggest getting mbrowse running so you can do your
initial set up and config via linux. This took longer than the
initial mediatrix config.

You can also crank up it's syslog to debug level to 5 if you run into
any problems.  This was helpful for me when I was first playing around
with them.

--

sipura 3k
this unit has been pretty solid, but I must admit I still do not

There are folks that are running their own code on this unit.
It would be nice if someone would come out with an IAX version.

--
Bob Knight
[-w] the work option