Peer Oliver Schmidt wrote:

Michael Welter wrote:

How do I fax a .tiff file with asterisk?

[..]

Use Steve Underwood's spandsp library and TxFax function in Asterisk. See http://opencall.org

It is my understanding that TxFAX does not allow to callout and send a fax, but to be used in Faxpickup only.

Why would anyone implement something as dumb as that? I didn't :-)

Do you have it working in the manner you described, and if yes, could you update the Wiki, or share your setup here?

Many people have it working that way. Very few people use it for fax pickup. To change it from answerer to originator mode you just need to add the "caller" option when you call txfax.

Regards,
Steve