Haha....well the MWI is the blinking blue LCD. The message button
is "reserved for future use" Hang in there. There will soon to be some
upgrades and rumor has it that the conferencing feature will soon be
introduced so that conference button on the phone will soon be working.....

The message button isn't reserved, it works fine, you simply need to correctly configure it. It's job is to dial the voicemail box when pressed. This works as designed. It just doesn't blink.

Paul

David

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 10:25:46 -0500, Stephen R. Besch wrote
Ronald Wiplinger wrote:
> I tried to use message waiting indicator, by "Subscribe for MWI" in the
> web menu of the phone.
>
> However, it does not light up / flash, even if a voice mail is waiting.
>
> Where is the switch to turn it to?
>
> bye
>
> Ronald

I don't mean to be rude to everyone who responded to this question,
 but I think that everyone is answering the wrong question. The
point is that the message waiting indicator doesn't light up, at all,
 ever. All that happens when messages are waiting is that the
display blinks and the phone gives a stutter dialtone. That's it.
There is no light under the button - there should be, but there
isn't. The "blinking" phone designers should have put those stupid
blinking red leds - that only flash on boot up - under the message
button and flashed the display during boot up. But they didn't and
we're stuck with it. Such is life.

Stephen R. Besch

David Liu
Chief Operating Officer