Warren Burstein wrote:
I've noticed that some callers listen to our main menu and don't press any keys. I have it set up to restart the menu a few times and eventually hang up. I'm wondering if these are wrong numbers (in that case, why don't they hang up) or they really want to speak to someone here but don't understand the menu (what's so hard about "for the operator, press zero"?). They couldn't still have rotary phones (or phones set to pulse dial), could they?

I've been thinking of changing the menu so that if they don't press any keys, the eventually get the operator.

For me most of the times its due to the TDM400P not being able to recognize the caller had hung up (although sometimes it does, which is puzzling).

What I normally do is have a global "attempt" counter, and increment it everytime the caller ends up in the "t" extension. Once it reaches a specified maxattempt value, decided via a GotoIf statement in the "t" extension, you just hang up the caller.

Flynn