----- Original Message -----
I see the sip user is an external ip.  I would take a look at your QoS
settings on your router.  Make sure the voice traffic is getting the
priority it deserves.  Also, check for packet loss.

I'd still be wondering if there's something else. I, too, experience choppy SIP connectivity from external IPs, but as I've mentioned in previous postings, I have a Vonage ATA that seems to have no problems keeping a crystal clear connection as it leaves my place and goes to Vonage's servers, so I think there must be more to it than QoS. I have to believe that there's some more jitter correction or other such buffering that could berhaps be played with, though I don't know what it would be.... *shrug*.....?

regards,

Paul