Brian M. Arlinghaus wrote:
I've got mostly Cisco 7960s and a few Analog phones on TDM Ports. On the 7960s, the echo is quite bad. On the TDM ports, it is there, but not as bad. I have tried setting echo cancellation to various numbers, but have had no luck.

This began after a HEAD version of * was installed. Since then, I installed what I think is the latest stable version (Asterisk CVS-v1-0-12/14/04-16:49:32) and the echo is still there.

A support guy at Digium said it was a SIP problem.

Just wanted to second this. I have about 20 7940's, 2 7960, and a 4 port FXS for fax machines going into a Bellsouth T1 (pri) and we get echo on some calls. I turned on echotraining (not for the faxes of course -- echocancelwhenbridged=no) and it will train out, but I thought that voip -> pri could not have echo problems.

Anyway, please keep me updated if you figure out a (real) solution to this.

Jeb

--

Jeb Campbell