Sent: Monday, February 07, 2005 9:45 AM
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] IAX2 Trunk Problems with NAT

Hi,

I have successfully configured an IAX trunk between 2 asterisks, calls can go through both ways without any problems, NAT in the middle of course (iptables)

Now , leave them for a while ,   and make a call from the external server , it doesn’t go through,

Dial from the internal one, everything works fine again..

Now , it is clearly  a problem in the NAT engine, although IAX shouldn’t have this problem

is there something I can do to prevent asterisk from tearing down the trunk while it is not used

or , modify the iptables so that  to allow the incoming UDP connections

Cheers