Thanks for your reply. I had tried the register line as you have it before and it fails. When I call my UK number from sipgate it's just a busy signal. If I remove my SIP-ID as I have in my current configs the calls go through fine. Outgoing calls another matter. It seems to lock up my router and I can't make calls.

A question about your config.. in your extensions.conf you have in your incoming section:

exten => 5339504,1,Dial(SIP/6301,10,tr)

Where does the number 5339504 come from? Sipgate has told me that I should be putting my SIP-ID there.. but it also fails.

So far Sipgate has proved to be the most problematic provider I've tried using.. and now they have my money with no refunds and I can't use them. Sigh.

Hecken, Guido wrote:
I saw at least three details in your config, which could result in problems.
Since I'm relative new to asterisk, take my tips with care.

register => XXXXXXX:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
should be register => XXXXXXX:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/XXXXXXX
fromuse=XXXXXXX
should be fromuser=XXXXXXX
auth=md5 ; I'm not shure if this works..., perhaps disable it in the first
step

Here a small example that works for us:

sip.conf:

[general]
realm = hallinux2.gwsnettech.local
port = 5060
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0
context = default
disallow=all
allow=alaw
allow=ulaw
allow=gsm
register => 081503:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/081503
language=de
tos=0x04

[sipgate] type=friend username=081503
secret=xxxxxx
host=sipgate.de fromuser=081503
fromdomain=sipgate.de
nat=yes
context=incomingsipgate
context=default
canreinvite=yes
insecure=very

extensions.conf:

[sipgate]

include => default
exten => _9*.,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:[EMAIL PROTECTED],60,tr)
exten => _9*.,2,Congestion
exten => _9*.,102,Busy

[incomingsipgate]

exten => 5339504,1,Dial(SIP/6301,10,tr)
exten => 5339504,2,Dial(SIP/6301,10,tr)
exten => 5339504,3,SetLanguage(de)
exten => 5339504,4,Voicemail2(6301)
exten => 5339504,5,Hangup

Hope this helps a little bit...

Guido Hecken

Hello all.  I'm having an odd problem getting * and sipgate to work
together.  From Sipgate support I have gotten this repsonse to my query:

=====
Your Asterisk is registering incorrectly with our servers.  It registers
like this: sip:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:5076

The "s" should be your SIP ID.  Anything else is rejected.  I don't know
where you can find this setting, but from our perspective that is where
the problem is.  If you find it, please let me know.
=====

If there is anyone that can shed some light on this odd problem it would
be greatly appreciated.  If more info is needed please ask.

My configs look like this:

SIP.CONF:

register => XXXXXXX:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

[sipgate]
type=peer
context=in_sipgate
username=XXXXXXX
secret=yyyyyyyy
auth=md5
host=sipgate.co.uk
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
insecure=very
context=in_sipgate
canreinvite=no
fromuse=XXXXXXX
fromdomain=sipgate.co.uk

EXTENSIONS.CONF:

[in_sipgate]
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,Dial(SIP/44|30|t)
exten => s,3,Voicemail(u44)

[out_sipgate]
exten => _8.,1,SetCallerID(02070zzzzzzz)
exten => _8.,2,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:[EMAIL PROTECTED]|90|r)
exten => _8.,3,Busy
exten => _8.,4,Hangup

-- Robert P. McKenzie | GammaRay Technical Services Ltd [EMAIL PROTECTED] | [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.uk-experience.com | http://www.gammaray-tech.com

Ecademy Profile:   http://www.ecademy.com/account.php?op=view&id=64014