Adding in experimental patches willy-nilly, especially ones that have the potential to cause huge problems, confounds attempts to isolate bugs and test functionality.

Mark does a pretty good job of keeping the HEAD version solid enough to use in production, as most of us running it on a daily basis can attest.

What stops you from applying the patches to your own copy, and then playing with it to your heart's content--like the rest of us? It would work just like it had really been put into CVS-HEAD.

less testers less bug reports

for production use is stable version (asterisk doesnt have good roadmap and versioning :( )

My point exactly If we're to see this in 1.2, we need it in CVS ASAP

roy