I'm looking to purchase and deploy a bunch of hardphones for agent
use. The phones will have to register with Asterisk and/or SER,
depending on where the phones go. They need only one line, G729 codec,
and no super fancy features. Preferrably something that is easy to
provision.

I would think the BudgeTone would be good, but then I've read so many
people complaining about them, and some people seem to recommend the
Sipura adapters.

I'm looking to keep my cost down, and the BudgeTone is around $100
CDN, give or take.

I just received my sipura SPA-841 phone (not an ATA), and it's a nicer than the
BudgeTone for about the same price. I paid $85.00 for it.

Features it has that the BudgeTone doesn't:
*  2 line appearances (you can add 2 more for a total of  4)
    transfer and conference work when using more than 1 line appearance
*  headset jack
*  voicemail button

It doesn't have a network switch or POE.