[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I need to deploy some quasi-virtual-PBXes, and I'd like to avoid having to
be hands on for each new phone number deployed... so I would like to set
up some administrative extensions that can record greetings... lets say:

[admin]
exten => 8(NXXNXXXXXX),1,Record($1|-greeting.gsm)

[incoming]
exten => _(NXXNXXXXXX),1,Playback($1|-greeting)
exten => _(NXXNXXXXXX),2,Goto($1,1000)
exten => _(NXXNXXXXXX),102,Playback(generic-greeting)

[2122222222]
exten => 1000,VoiceMail(22222)

[3103333333]
exten => 1000,VoiceMail(33333)

The concept here is like the capture buffer in a Perl regex.

So that if "admin" dialed 82122222222, it would give them the chance to
record the greeting, which would be put in the 212222222-greeting.gsm
file.

If someone called 2122222222, it would play the 2122222222-greeting.gsm
file, if it existed, otherwise if it failed, it would play
generic-greeting.gsm.  Then it would change context based in the called
number.

Granted, I'm asking for alot here, but is there any way to approximate
this kind of an advanced configuration with Asterisk?

----Steve

Not that difficult.  A few things you will need:

${EXTEN} is the current extension dialed
goto statement
You can trim crap off your vars using the ${EXTEN:1} notations. In my example, I am trimming the front digit off the exten var. If I wanted to be fancy, I could trim x off the front, and only read for n digits like this: ${EXTEN:x:n}.

At least, I think I could. Perhaps someone with more recent working knowledge could confirm that?

It's all the in the wiki.  When it's up that is.  :)

Sean