I started with Broadvoice recently but I am constantly having problems. I got everything configured and now it is dropping outgoing calls after 40 seconds and incoming calls are going direct to voicemail. Getting customer service is proving very difficult.

I've started to look at some of these other providers. Most of them are prepay. How does this work exactly? I don't mind keeping money on account but do they have automatic replenishment or are my calls going to be dropped midstream if my account runs low?

MARK.

Jean-Michel Hiver wrote:

Other than Broadvoice, are there any VoIP providers (Vonage, Packet8, etc) that can be hooked into Asterisk directly? I read about a scheme for Packet8 that involved routing it in through an analog connection on a FXO port...I'd rather have something I can connect in directly.

Save yourself some hassle, and use a provider which supports IAX. So far there is:

- iax.cc (haven't tried them)
- connect.voicepusle.com (haven't tried them)
- nufone.net (they're meant to be quite reliable - i use them)
- voipjet.com (their rates are very good - i use them too)

BTW, any of you guys know other providers like VoIPJet (i.e. low rates & low volume OK) ?

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.