On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 06:54:03 -0500, Time Bandit <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > 6) Configuration requires Linux, as opposed to a web browser or
> > something more standard.
> I compiled iaxprov on Cygwin, works nicely. There's somebody on this
> list that made a Windows version to provision it. Works nicely, GUI
> interface, can even scan the LAN to find IAXy. Here is the link to it
> : http://dacosta.dynip.com/asterisk

Thanks for that link, I'm gonna try it. The main issue here is that
this is a large company and I don't have access to the DHCP servers,
and therefore can't just find out the IP address of this thing.
There's another feature request. Let me dial ### or something to find
my IP...

> > Let's face facts there, the IAXy sucks by any definition.
> No it doesn't. Granted it has a couple shortcomings, but nothing that
> bad. If Digium can fix the most important ones and find a way to drop
> the price a bit, this would be a great little device.

You just admitted that without the features, it's not great... Seems
like we're all on the same page here. No sense arguing about it.