Can I program a specific C.O. line directly to a button?

Adopting the Critchfield style for a moment, no, *you* probably can't. But, depending on one's expertise with the hardware and Asterisk, it can certainly be done. I am by no means an Asterisk expert but have about 35 years of random phone experience. I have an ancient Siemens HiNet SIP phone here with buttons on it that I can push and get dialtone from any of my * trunks. Any SIP phone with programmable buttons should be able to do that (hint: an s extension to a context that only accesses one trunk, or DISA)

First turn off the HTML email, please.

Next spend a bit of time thinking about phones you have seen that use
standard analog ports. It isn't a normal option to have more than 1
line, and unless you are getting into cheap shared signal phone setups.
you usually don't see more than 2 lines.

The term "square key" is from 1A/1A1/1A2 key set terminology, 1950's to 90's more or less.

If you go the SIP route, you might get a little further down the road,
but you also take a chance of integrating echo into the system.

The answers are there for someone with the requisite background
knowledge of the hardware available.

Yes. This particular answer is dependent on the programming capabilities of the instrument in question and of the programmer in question.