Gustavo García wrote:

Hi everybody,

GIPS have different products, not only codecs:
* Voice enhancements: packet loss concealment algorithms, noise concealment,
jitter buffer, agc, aec....  (can be used with any codec)
* Codecs: iLbc (free), ISAC, G711 Wideband...

You can include in asterisk voice enhancements and use them iLBC for
example, for increasing the quality mainly in face of the packet loss,
without using wideband codecs.

I'm not a GIPS employee :-), you can view more information in the GIPS
website.

G.

From what I have seen it appears those GIPS products are not particularly sophisticated. For example, have you any reason to believe they can achieve better jitter and packet loss handling than * with the new jitter buffer and PLC? That is not the world's most sophisticated, but as far as I get tell it is about on par with the GIPS offering. Does anyone have any evidence to the contrary?

Regards,