Hello,
most phone models have a way of setting the maximum incoming call limit, so I guess that if you set it to "1" the phone will signal busy when a user is talking.
Another alternative would be to set up your queue using Agents; in this case * knows whether an agent is busy or not and will not forward calls to busy agents (note that if your person is taking a call not using the queue system, * will consider the agent to be free).
It really depends on what your people are doing and how they are working.
l.