Jean-Michel Hiver wrote:

Kerry Garrison wrote:

The book bills itself as a beginner's guide to Asterisk and Voice over IP (VoIP). Even with over 270 pages, it isn't possible to go through every single feature that Asterisk has to offer but the book does give enough information to get you started and even apply a few advanced features to your phone system. For those of you not familiar with Asterisk, VoIP, or PBX's we will need a little bit of background for you to know if this book is for you.
http://www.geekgazette.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=23&Itemid=26 <http://www.geekgazette.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=23&Itemid=26>

I don't know if you've read the book. I have it on my desk right now and it suffers from out of date information, lack of structure, lack of progression. I felt that the book is mostly just a clunky bunch of recipies patched together.

Agreed It seems to mostly be a rehash of the early Asterisk documentation, with only a few tidbits that I had not found elsewhere.
Certainly not worth it's high pricetag either.

Keeping up with such a moving target is indeed a difficult task for ANY printed book.
Digium's published work is at least worth the price!

John N