I'd think about using a prefix for each trunk as a form of password. At home I have to dial "1" then the number to use one of my trunks, or "2" then the number for a different trunk. If you gave them a code of say 666 they would have to dial that then the number. If you had a code for your trunk they wouldn't be able to use your trunk unless they knew the code.

Probably more elegant solutions but just a quick suggestion.

tony

I am using [EMAIL PROTECTED] 0.8

I was wondering if there is a way to select the outbound trunk based on the
extension that making the call.

Here is why I ask. Since I am already running my Asterisk server for my own
use, I also wanted to let friends and family in on the action but I don't
want to pay for their calls. So if I ask them to buy talk time from a
termination provider and then setup a separate trunk for them, how do I make
sure that only their calls use that outbound trunk?

Any ideas?