If you feel your pots lines are critical to your business then you should keep them.
What I want is the flexibility and features * gives me, with the
reliability of land lines
Then why do you need a PRI?  You can use a channel bank to convert to PRI if you have DID's. There is a lot you can do to get calls into the asterisk box. But if you feel you need the best reliability why use asterisk.  I don't feel it's 100% yet either.  It's good, but now you have another source of possible failure.  No more or no less than VOIP.  I'm a service provider and  yes we have failures once an awhile but I can tell you  in about a year or so that will be a thing of the past.