Hi Paul, there was a thread yesterday in regards to a few of us experiencing a very similar problem - a problem that (if the same for all of us), doesn't seem to have been properly diagnosed yet.

One thing that appeared to be common to all of us was the version of Asterisk that we are running (1.0.6), is this the version that you are running?  What FXO card are you using?

Does the noise that you are complaining about occur on every call and, if so, always after exactly a minute, or is it more random?

Starting to wonder if there isn't a problem with Stable, interested to hear what version you're running.

Damian.

Paul wrote:
I recently hooked up my sipura IP phone and set it up as an SIP device to
connect to asterisk. I am able to dial a number on the SIP phone, connect to
an external number via the PSTN connected to asterisk and begin the
conversation. At first, the audio quality is PERFECT, in both directions. I
can hear the person clearly and they claim to hear me like im on a regular
POTS line. After approximately 1 minute, the quality turns horrible and the
person can no longer hear me, but I can faintly here them. There is a lot of
static on the line, it almost sounds like an electronic device is
interfering with it. I thought maybe it was a wireless phone or router, so I
disconnected all those and put my cell phone in the other room. Still no
change. Anyone have any ideas, this is really getting to be a problem.

Paul