I guess I didn't word this right.
It's not that SpanDSP ties up extensions, as it definitely doesn't. I
was more referring to the standard hardware-based solutions out there
that need to have a dedicated line for an incoming fax. I need the
ability to send and receive faxes with a good amount of reliability, and
would love to integrate it with Asterisk. I'm just not keen on needing
to buy a bunch of Digium TDM cards just to support such a solution.

Don't get me wrong, SpanDSP is great! I'm just looking for something a
little more "enterprise-ready".

----
Jeremy