Marc Storck wrote:
Anyway, if I set TON to unknown, I have to send the number according to the PSTN dialing plan (00 for int, 0 for national, ...). Thus, if the PBX does not use UNKNOWN, I have to translate the numbers out of their original TON to ton=unknown. Therefore, I need to process the incoming TON. How do I handle this?

You have two options:

1) Use the CALLINGTON variable in the dialplan. This is only for the calling party number, not the called party number.

2) Use the internationalprefix, nationalprefix, localprefix etc settings in the zapata.conf file. I _think_ this will affect both the interpretation of calling and called party and possibly also the TON of the called number for outgoing links. I am nut sure under which circumstances these variables are applied.

Isdn handling in Asterisk tends to be these kinds of hacks.

I have a Digium E100P card, with an EuroISDN PRI E1. On incoming calls the CALLINGTON variable is empty. I have the latest stable version of asterisk. Do I have to use another variable or is the TON only support in CVS?

CALLINGTON is only in CVS. internationalprefix, ... is only in CVS or using stable patched with bristuff.

regards,
klaus