Julio Arruda wrote:

But there are royalties or something like that ?
I understand that proprietary protocols CAN be published, but what make them proprietary is the requiremenf or royalties or at least a 'ok' from the owner ?

Obviously IAX/IAX2 does not and should not require licensing fees.

I once suggested to Mark that he copyright and trademark the terms IAX and IAX2 and provide a no-cost license for use of the term "IAX" or "IAX2" to any implimentation that correctly follows the (at some point) documented IAX2 protocol.

He seemed to like the idea, but I don't know if anything was actually done.