I've spent may hours to play with HTB QoS settings on the firewall, but with
absolutely no effect. In fact, this is normal, because the time required to let
a data packet going through the ADSL line will break the voice jitter. The only
right way to handle this issue is to modify the MTU on the router.

Without setting a TOS for voip, data where going through and voice was unusable.
With a lowdelay (0x10) TOS set for voip, voice was going through, but data was
blocked.
With a lowdelay TOS and an HTB QoS on the router, data where going through
slowly and voice was scambled.

After many tests, an MTU of 700 did work quite well. I did loose 15% of
bandwidth for data (twice more overheads), but data and voice may be used
together.

Those tests have been done on a 256 kbps up stream.

There is a quite good explenation about this issue on Cisco's web
site, and about they're LFI technology (link fragmentation and interleaving):
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/voice-qos/voip-mlppp.html#link_frag

Jean-Chrsitophe