but the other choice is to keep editing the voicemail.conf file, everytime I add a new user, which again is not really scalable.

I dont wish to store the voicemail in the DB, just the conf file itself, mysql will easily in a clusered scenario support 100K+ entries.

What setup would you recommend

iqbal

Senad J wrote:

In my opinion.. using voicemail from DB is not good
for "scaling up" scenarios... in particular if you need to
provide HA of five nine... 99.999%

The cluster database (well in particular MYSQL puts everything in RAM)... so
as the user base grows.. so does RAM requirement...

Ta
Senad

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi

I have been playing with trying to get voicemail.conf from DB, I am
using cvs-head, but when I start asterisk, it dies a horrible death,
because it cant load any voicemil setting.

I looked at my mysql logs to see what query was being sent, and I get

SELECT category, var_name, var_val, cat_metric FROM voicemail_users
WHERE filename='voicemail.conf' and commented=0 ORDER BY filename,
cat_metric desc, var_metric asc, category, var_name, var_val, id;

which is in no way related to the table I created following the
example on the wiki.

Is there another table format , I have

+-------------+---------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+

Field | Type | Null | Key | Default | Extra |

+-------------+---------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+

uniqueid | int(11) | | PRI | NULL | auto_increment |
customer_id | int(11) | | | 0 | |
context | varchar(50) | | | | |
mailbox | int(5) | | MUL | 0 | |
password | varchar(4) | | | 0 | |
fullname | varchar(50) | | | | |
email | varchar(50) | | | | |
pager | varchar(50) | | | | |
stamp | timestamp(14) | YES | | NULL | |

.