On Monday 06 June 2005 13:29, William Waites wrote:
> So this is a version of Asterisk that is released by Digium but
> is not released under the GPL. Correct?

Not quite.  This is a specific set of CVS with NO NEW FEATURES that is not
released under GPL.

There is nothing in ABE that is not also in HEAD.  All ABE is is a specific
snapshot that they maintain independently.  You just don't get to know
exactly what the binary doesn't have.

> If it were released under the GPL, the source code would be
> available. Correct?

Asterisk is dual-licensed.  Always has been.

> So Digium has leveraged the community to build for them a
> proprietary product. Correct?
>
> Nice.

Others have commented on this, so I'll refrain short of saying you need some
serious clue.  I'm not sure I see your name in any of the CVS commit logs, so
other than whinging on about it, what really do you have to say?

-A.