Script Head wrote:

I have minor echo on an IAX2 channel when using Firefly and a head
set. I have tried various headsets and settings but still a little bit
of the echo remains and I'd love to get rid of it. After some research
I stubled on zaptel/mec2.h but it seem that it works only on the ZAP
channel. Is there something I can do on the IAX2 channel?
Basically no. You cannot apply echo cancellation to a VoIP path. The path length needs to be precisely constant for the algorithms to work. That cannot be guaranteed over a VoIP path. A VoIP phone (hard or soft) needs to remove the echo at source. Good ones do. Bad ones, including some expensive ones, do not.

Regards,
Steve