Hello, we would like to hook up analog modems behind an Asterisk server, and we're very interested in the experiences that others have made when attempting that. We assume that there are no inherent problems with modems in respect to the Asterisk software, but it appears that the FXO/FXS hardware restricts this kind of a setup to lower data transmission rates, is this correct?

Currently, we only transmit at 1200bps, is this rate problematic with Digium cards? Up to what data transmission rate are Digium cards known to work reliable? We do not think we'll ever go beyond 9600bps, can we do this with a let's say TDM400P?

Will future Digium hardware improve the situation or will this stay the same in the future?

How is hardware from other vendors performing when using analog modems?

Thanks for any information on this,
Christian Schnell.
REKOBA GmbH Berlin