>Nice! Thanks Philip and Darrick,
>I'll try it when I have some time and I'll be back with feedback.
>
>Meanwhile I'm experimenting with voyage: http://linux.voyage.hk/
>which has interesting kernel features:
>http://cvs.voyage.hk/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/*checkout*/voyage-custom/src/stage1/overlay_fs/README?revision=1.10
>(3.7 LED Support)

The 3D3 has an Award BIOS and onboard VGA and
audio (similar to the 1D). All other 2XX and 3XX
Alix boards are using tinyBIOS and a serial
console.

LED support for Alix is in trunk and 0.7 branch
already too. But only when you use the Alix image.

http://astlinux.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/astlinux?view=rev&revision=3367

> [...]
>>  >>
>>  >> As you must use VGA display then you should probably stick with the
>>  >> geni586 version.... unless you want to build your own from source, in
>>  >> which case you could customize the Alix version to point console to VGA
>>  >> instead of Serial port, or just use the Alix version with a
>>  >> Serial-attached console.
>>  >>
>>  >> David
>>  >>
>>  >>
>>  >> On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 3:01 AM, binary dreamer
>>  >> <dreamer.bin...@gm... <mailto:dreamer.bin...@gm...>> wrote:
>>  >>
>>  >> Hi.
>>  >> thanks a lot for your reply.
>>  >> i am using the vga output.
>>  >> it hangs the boot for ever.
>>  >> is there an image for alix 3d3?
>>  >>
>>  >>
>>  >>
>>  >>
>>  >> On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 12:26 AM, Darrick Hartman
>>  >> <dhart...@dj... <mailto:dhart...@dj...>> wrote:
>>  >>
>>  >> I'm not familiar with the 3d3. Are you connected to the serial
>>  >> port or
>>  >> is there a VGA output? The net5501 image will work on the ALIX
>>  >> boards,
>>  >> but requires you to change the serial port speed to 19200. If
>>  >> you wait
>>  >> a little longer, ALIX images are available in trunk which will
>>  >> support
>>  >> the correct serial port speed for the ALIX boards.
>>  >>
>>  >> Darrick
>>  >>
>>  >> binary dreamer wrote:
>>  >>
>>  >>> hi. i do have an Alix 3d3 from pc engines and i would like to
>>  >>>
>>  >> try astlinux.
>>  >>
>>  >>> i have downloaded the geni586 version image and the net4801
>>  >>>
>>  >> and net5501.
>>  >>
>>  >>> all of them failed to start anything at all, apart from the
>>  >>>
>>  >> net5501
>>  >>
>>  >>> which starts and says runnix OK booting the kernel and hangs
>>  >>>
>>  >> over there.
>>  >>
>>  >>> any ideas what do i have to do to have a working version of
>>  >>>
>>  >> astlinux in
>>  >>
>>  >>> my machine?
>>  >>>
>>  >>
>>  >

>>  Donations to support AstLinux are graciously
>>accepted via PayPal to pay...@krisk.org.

>Donations to support AstLinux are graciously

Michael

http://www.mksolutions.info