Michael,

I personally have used this feature for many years.

It may not be clear, but "Trunks" is for SIP servers you register to, "sip show
registry" ...

Monitor SIP Trunks: _______
(MONITOR_ASTERISK_SIP_TRUNKS)

and "Peers" are for peers "sip show peers" with qualify=yes

Monitor SIP Peers: ________
(MONITOR_ASTERISK_SIP_PEERS)

Possibly you are defining "Trunks" instead of "Peers" ?

I agree the documentation on this is weak.

Lonnie

PS, from the "/usr/sbin/asterisk-sip-monitor" script comments:

# Example: "sip show registry"
# chiv1.voippath.com:5060       xxxx    135 Registered      Sat, 21 May 2011
10:21:11
# inbound18.bigtel.net:5060     xxxx     45 Registered      Sat, 21 May 2011
10:22:42
#
# MONITOR_ASTERISK_SIP_TRUNKS="chiv1.voippath.com inbound18.bigtel.net"
#

# Example: "sip show peers"
# voippath/homer-simpson    64.x.x.xx                 5060     OK (67 ms)
# bigtel-inbound/homer1     64.x.x.xx                 5060     Unmonitored
# bigtel-outbound/homer1    64.x.x.xx                 5060     OK (42 ms)
#
# MONITOR_ASTERISK_SIP_PEERS="voippath bigtel-outbound"
#