We need your help ...

It was asked on the mailing list here a few weeks back if there was a file that
consistently displayed the board model/make information ... there isn't.

We have developed a heuristic that might easily generate "PC Engines APU2",
"Qotom Q190G4N-S07", etc. for the associated hardware, with a small text
database file.

Currently this database looks like this:
https://github.com/astlinux-project/astlinux/blob/master/package/system-vendor/system-vendor.ids

We would like to crowd-source various hardware you are using for AstLinux.  No
need to submit entries we already have defined, but confirming the 8-character
fingerprint would be good if you want.

For those of you that have different hardware, this is the process to generate
a "system-vendor.ids" entry.  Any relatively recent version of AstLinux will
work ...
===============================
## Using the CLI on AstLinux, change to a non-persistent directory
$ cd /tmp

## Download "system-vendor.sh" from GitHub
$ curl -O
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/astlinux-project/astlinux/master/package/system-vendor/system-vendor.sh

## Generate an entry for your hardware
## Replace "XYZ Hardware Model" with a fitting model name
## Report back the output via the mailing list
$ bash system-vendor.sh XYX Hardware Model
12345678~XYZ Hardware Model

## Cleanup
$ rm system-vendor.sh
Relay your results by replying here, or email me directly if you want.

This "system-vendor" feature is a work in progress, and we may end up disabling
it, but if our heuristic works it would be nice to include in the next release.

AstLinux Team