Hi I am trying to build an application on the raspberry Pi using python3.6 and
tkinter for the GUI. It is an entry system for a community project and so I
need to be able to receive FOB swipe data into the application which is running
a tkinter user interface.

Any who I have all the components working ok but can't seem to get them to work
together. I am trying to use asyncio but keep clashing with the tkinter event
loop, so my question is can the asyncio loop work cooperatively with the
tkinter loop?

Do I need to create a seperate thread, or is there some other solution
available?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated

Regards tim

Sent from my iPad