On Sun, 31 Dec 2017 18:32:21 +0100
Pau Freixes <pfrei...@gmail.com> wrote:

> These new implementation of the load method - remember that it returns
> a load factor between 0.0 and 1.0 that inform you about how bussy is
> your loop -

What does it mean exactly? Is it the ratio of CPU time over wall clock
time?

Depending on your needs, the `psutil` library (*) and/or the new
`time.thread_time` function (**) may also help.

(*) https://psutil.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
(**) https://docs.python.org/3.7/library/time.html#time.thread_time

> For this proposal [4], POC, I've preferred make a reduced list of events:
>
> * `loop_start` : Executed when the loop starts for the first time.
> * `tick_start` : Executed when a new loop tick is started.
> * `io_start` : Executed when a new IO process starts.
> * `io_end` : Executed when the IO process ends.
> * `tick_end` : Executed when the loop tick ends.
> * `loop_stop` : Executed when the loop stops.

What do you call a "IO process" in this context?

Regards

Antoine.