On 04/13/2018 06:34 AM, Kalle Valo wrote:
Ben Greear <gree...@candelatech.com> writes:

I'm in the midst of porting my out-of-tree ath10k patches forward to
the 4.16 kernel.

In case you are interested in allowing support for ath10k-ct firmware
in the upstream kernel, now would be a good time for me to work on
this.

Please let me know if you are interested.

I don't really know what is needed for your firmware so difficult to
really comment. And ath10k really does not support any specific firmware
branch per se, it uses more finegrained feature based detection anyway.

But as we are adding SDIO, USB and SNOC busses to ath10k, which is quite
a enourmous task itself, and trying to support even a different firmware
sounds really difficult.

I have lots of mostly small tweaks, enabled by feature flags specific to my
firmware.  Adding my changes will increase the code size a bit, but I don't
think
it will add much fundamental complexity.

If you will accept feature flags upstream for my firmware and will make an
effort to review patches in a timely manner, I will work on a patch series
and send it for review.

Thanks,
Ben

--