> On 24 May 2020, at 8:34 pm, Josh Boyer <jwbo...@kernel.org> wrote:
>
> On Sun, May 24, 2020 at 9:59 AM Christian Hewitt
> <christianshew...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> This commit adds the SDIO firmware for ath10k/QCA9377 cards. The file
>> is from the Boundary Devices repo [1] and has the same license as the
>> existing firmware-5.bin file. Support for QCA9377 WiFi was merged for
>> Linux 5.7 [2].
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/boundarydevices/qca-firmware/tree/bd-sdmac-ath10k
>> [2]
>> https://github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/6e51b0e4913ca2c93059f73ca477ca30ea95b6a0
>
> That repo got it from Kalle's untested repo, and didn't carry over the
> Signed-off-by.  You didn't carry over the Signed-off-by from the repo
> you got it from.  3 levels of indirection to include a file with a
> giant notice from an untested sources is a bit too much for me to feel
> comfortable with.

Apologies Josh, I have been using my own repack of the Boundary Devices
repo and had completely forgotten Kalle’s repo existed and was the
original source of the file.

> Kalle, is there a reason you didn't send this upstream 3 years ago?

SDIO support is a relatively recent addition to the ath10k driver and
the commit message in this RFT [1] probably explains why his repo has
it described as untested.

I’m happy to submit v2 with corrected references or let Kalle handle
the submission, whichever is best or easiest is fine with me.

Christian

[1] https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/11162833/