Hi;

I am new to BSD and I have just managed to install the latest FreeBSDĀ  on my Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series.

I cannot get my WIFI card to work. The vendor ID is 0x168c and the device ID is 0x003e. This is a QCA6174 802.11ac PCI Express card.

I have tried to download different firmware and tried to load them with kldload. I do not wish to mess up with my system a lot because, as I mentioned, I am still new to BSD. So I am trying t keep loader.conf clean.

I appreciate any help or lead to get my wifi running.

Thank you in advance,

Muhammad

--
Be good, be happy and never let the lovely smile on your nice lips fade away
Beatitude Sham; There are the angels of God with their wings spread wide open