https://gitlab.com/kernel-firmware/linux-firmware/-/tree/main/qcom/sc8280xp/LENOVO/21BX

> > put a default (accepted by non-secured hardware) firmware to SoC dir
> > and then put a vendor-specific firmware into subdir. If any of such
> > vendors appear, we might even implement structural fallback: first
> > look into sdm845/Google/blueline, then in sdm845/Google, sdm845/ and
> > finally just under hw1.0.
>
> Honestly that looks quite compilicated compared to having just one
> sub-directory. How will ath10k find the directory names (or I vendor and
> model names) like 'Google' or 'blueline' in this example?

I was thinking about the firmware-name = "sdm845/Google/blueline". But
this can be really simpler, firmware-name = "blueline" or
"sdm845/blueline" with no need for fallbacks.

My point is that the firmware-name provides the possibility to handle
that in different ways.

--
With best wishes
Dmitry