Eric Park <m...@ericswpark.com> writes:

> On 5/15/24 5:04 PM, Kalle Valo wrote:
>
>> Eric Park <m...@ericswpark.com> writes:
>>> I'm unsure what to test next, if it can be triaged at all. It's an
>>> outdated card  in a really old laptop and I can always work around it
>>> with a USB WiFi adapter. If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears
>>> but otherwise I think this would be a good place to stop.
>> One thing to try is to make sure your setup matches what James is using,
>> especially the firmware version.
>
> Interesting, this is what I get from `dmesg`:
>
> qca6174 hw2.1 target 0x05010000 chip_id 0x003405ff sub 144d:4125
> firmware ver SW_RM.1.1.1-00157-QCARMSWPZ-1 api 5 features ignore-otp,
> no-4addr-pad crc32 10bf8e08
>
> I'm guessing the firmware version 1.1.1 is the latest one for the hw
> 2.1 variant (going off of the firmware repository), but please correct
> me if I'm wrong!
>
> Looking at the repository that version was updated 8 years ago. Is
> there anything else I can try? I'm guessing newer firmware only
> works on the newer hardware revisions.

Aha! I had totally missed that you are using hw2.1. (James is using
hw3.2) Yeah, that hardware version has been problematic almost since the
beginning and there has been any firmware updates for a long time. I'm
not surprised at all that 802.11w is slow on hw2.1.

I think disabling 802.11w for QCA6174 hw2.1 is a good idea, patches
welcome.

--
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-wireless/list/

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/developers/documentation/submittingpatches