Hello,

first of all, I am new on this list, so sorry, if this question is "old
stuff", but I have not found anything regarding in the archives.

I am using recent ath5k from linuxwireless.org (compat-old) aging 1
month with AR5414 chips in adhoc mode.

When I use iwconfig, it displays only

xxx-ap2:~# iwconfig wlan0
wlan0     IEEE 802.11a  ESSID:"<mailinglist>"
          Mode:Ad-Hoc  Frequency:5.75 GHz  Cell: XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
          Tx-Power=23 dBm
          Retry min limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr=2352 B
          Encryption key:off
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality:0  Signal level:0  Noise level:0

all interesting statistics like link-quality or signal or noise are zero :((

I tried the wonderfull new iw tool, and I only get:

./iw dev wlan0 station get XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX

Station XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX (on wlan0)
        inactive time:  107 ms
        rx bytes:       31761892
        tx bytes:       72226000

When I use madwifi I get detailed link statistic with iwconfig.

Is there any way at this time, to get link-statistics in ad-hoc mode
with the ath5k driver ?

Thanks in advance for any help

Ernst

--