Pavel Roskin schrieb:
> On Fri, 2009-07-31 at 10:12 -0700, Tom Sharples wrote:
>
>> Pavel are you referring to this:
>>
>> http://linuxwireless.org/en/developers/Regulatory/Database
>>

> I mentioned the sources of wireless-regdb.  Google finds it easily:
>
> http://wireless.kernel.org/download/wireless-regdb/

Ah thanx this is helpfull. But i miss the information whether ad-hoc
operation is allowed or not.

As far as i see there is no country / regdomain that allows operation in
the intended ranges, this explains the my results. The main Problem is
that on some settings iw / iwconfig .. tells you that it is not allowed
to set the specific channel / feature and on some other it just don't
work without a message.

Ill try to collect some more informations an publish them.

I'm still confused what is the goal of the world domain? I would assume
that it is the intersection of all reg domains, but it allows to use
channels which are prohibit in some countrys. Can you tell me a source
or the right google buzz word for information about this concept?

>> and is there a human-readable location where this data is mapped to Atheros
>> regdomain / countrycode combinations?
>>

> See drivers/net/wireless/ath/regd_common.h in the kernel sources.

Yes i read this already but it is very hard to interpred the differen
"World" strings. Im wondering why there is
no real documentation because the mapping has to base on some real laws
or regimentation.