Thank you very much for your reply.

The terminate command is sent by me.
When the link is down I send these two commands, in a script,  to get wi-fi
work:

/usr/sbin/wpa_cli -iwlan0 terminate

and then

/usr/sbin/wpa_supplicant -c /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf -iwlan0 -
Dwext -dd

I'm afraid that's not the reason why it doesn't work. With madwifi driver it
used to work, with the same wpa_supplicant configuration and use.

Any suggestion? Anything to check or change?

Hi !
Mauro Folcarelli