HI
Thanks for the prompt reply

i have a TP-LINK TL-WN651G card
and my lspci gives the same message i.e

Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications Inc. Atheros AR5001X+ Wireless
Network Adapter (rev 01)

However, the card does not connect to my AP (and believe me i have spent
days on solving this issue) and this has got me thinking whether the card
can work with both fresh or slightly older releases of ath5k.
Can You please name the PCI card (and the vendor) You are using ?

br
Vic.