sri ram wrote:
> Hi,
>     I am a newbie to this group and am currently looking at experimenting
> with the ath9k driver.
> I spent some time looking at the code available through the latest version of
> compat-wireless and have a few questions.

Welcome.

> 1) Where is multi-stream transmission implemented? Currently, I only see one
> point in the code where the chainmask setting is used to change from 3*3 to
> 2*2.. Is it always that a 3*3 is tried if possible failing which a 2*2 is
> attempted?

The TX chainmasks are calculated in ath_buf_set_rate() @ xmit.c, and set in the
appropriate
descriptor control registers using set11nRateFlags.
I think that currently we just transmit in all available TX chains and am
confident
that ath_chainmask_sel_logic() is borked. :)

> 2) I am trying to understand what flexibility do the cards provide? Do they
> support beamforming already or not?

What kind of flexibility ? Can you provide details ?
And nope, beamforming is not supported.

> Is there some good documentation on the physical/cross layer mechanisms used
> in 11n (apart from frame aggregation).
> Any pointers on the above will be greatly appreciated.

Nope, no documentation. :)

Sujith