On 2011-04-05 6:03 PM, Serene Gud wrote:

>     On 2011-04-05 5:44 PM, Bernhard Walle wrote:
>      > Hello,
>      >
>      > we're using a PCIe AR9280 card on a Octeon MIPS CPU. The system
>      > that does the transmission has a high CPU utilization:
>      >
>      > iperf in UDP mode with 50M bandwith has ~90 % CPU utilization with a
>      > high softirq proportion.
>      >
>      > Using an Intel card (5300) has a lower CPU utilization (~60 %),
>     but it's
>      > no option to use it because the Linux driver has no access point
>     mode.
>      >
>      > Are there any tweaks to decrease the CPU utilization with the ath9k
>      > driver? Any recommendations for the application to send the network
>      > packets more efficient?
>     What kernel version are you using? Are you using the in-kernel ath9k or
>     are you using compat-wireless? I have added quite a few performance
>     optimizations over time, as I'm working with much slower MIPS CPUs than
>     the octeon.
>     In my tests, a 300 MHz MIPS 24K CPU is good enough for handling around
>     90 mbit/s of traffic with only around 70% CPU utilization.
>
>     - Felix
>

>     Now thats interesting Felix :) , how have you managed to get all these?
What do you mean with 'get all these'?

- Felix

Sorry, I am new to these things; what I wanted to ask you was that with the
kind of CPU info that you have; how were you able to get 90 mbit/s of traffic.
I am using a much faster CPU with 1.66 Ghz 512K still I usually get 65mbit/s. I
am using in-kernel ath9K. Are you using compat-wireless? Are there any other
changes that you have made to your system?
I have no idea if we can make the tx bitrate stable? If you have done that,
kindly share.

Thanks!
SGS