Hallo all,

> http://www.radiotap.org/suggested-fields/MCS%20extension%20for%20STBC%20and%20Ness
>
> I have posted 3 patches on the proposal page (see Attachments):
>
> 1. A patch that applies to the Linux kernel v3.7-rc1 to collect the new
> STBC and Ness parameters from a wireless driver, and add them into the
> MCS radiotap field.
> 2. A patch to the Intel wireless driver in the kernel to collect STBC
> and Ness information.
> 3. A patch to wireshark to display STBC and Ness information.
>
> With this I believe we have everything needed to start the 3 week
> comment period.

There is a bit more then 3 week now. I would like to have this approved :)
Are there any thing needed to finish this?

Beside, i have one question about how STBC work. According to differnet
docs, i assume that:
- STBC is done by sending, at least, two stream with same data in
different order.
- It means for me, that real use of STBC can be made only on MIMO hardware.
- If 1x1 receiver indicates that it got STBC encoded frame, it dos not
meant, it would be able to use redundant data from second stream.
- There are fallowing STBC schemes: Alamouti’s
STBC for 2 transmit antennas and orthogonal STBC for 3 and 4 transmit
antennas.

According to this information, what do we call 1,2 or 3 stream STBC?
Since STBC should have minimal 2 stream, but in same time we have 1x1
and 2x2 hardware which able to receive and decode STBC stream i assume:
        - RX-STBC1 is for compatibility only. No data redundancy.
        - RX-STBC12 - can be used Alamouti’s schema with 2 streams. Mostly used
method.
        - RX-STBC123 - is orthogonal schema and not widely used method. Since
last method use wide spectrum to transmit data comparable to SISO
stream, it makes almost no sense. But 3-stream method get optimal error
corect in compare with 2 and 4 strea schemas.

Do this assumptions correct?

PS: My assumptions based on "MIMO Space-Time Block Coding (STBC):
Simulations and Results"
--
Regards,
Oleksij