Am 15.05.2013 15:42, schrieb Ignacy Gawedzki:
> Hi everyone,
>
> This is an old issue, about which it seems the first posts date back to 2009.
> With the latest possible version of the firmware for AR9271 and the latest
> possible wireless drivers, the issue is still there.  Whether this is still
> the exact same problem every time remains to be checked, but it is annoying
> enough to deserve some consideration.
>
> The problem is that the driver can't talk to the device if the following
> conditions are met:
>
>   - The system cold boots with the USB dongle inserted or the USB dongle is
>     inserted on a running system.
>
>   - The interface is *not* brought up.
>
>   - The system (warm) reboots.
>
> Then the driver complains about the target being unresponsive after uploading
> the firmware.  Apparently the only way to make it work again is to unplug and
> then plug the USB dongle back, physically.  It seems that if the USB port is
> not powered down during reboot (which happens with at least two different
> setups that I've tested it with), the device is left in a broken state.
>
> I would gladly help in tracing down this bug if only I knew where to start.
>
> Thanks for any suggestion.

Hi Ignacy,

i can't reproduce this issue on my system. I tested it with 4 different
ath9_htc adapter. Without luck. Please provide as match information as
possible:
- Usb host controller
- Adapter manufacture and version, or even better add it to the wiki,
and upload some images:
http://wikidevi.com/wiki/Main_Page
- your kernel version

I assume it is not firmware. May be there are some issue with boot
loader on adapter. Are you sure that UART pins are not soldered?
Current ath9k_htc do not have mechanism to reset an adapter. I will
start to work on it after some other issues are done.

PS: please find some way to enable uart, at least TX pin.

--
Regards,
Oleksij