On 10/21/2013 02:51 PM, Holger Schurig wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I'm using several Sparklan WPEA 110N cards that normally come up as
> 168c:002a. But sometimes they announces themself as 168c:ff1c. Even
> "lspci -nn -A intel-conf2" (which goes directly to the PCI address
> range) shows the wrong PCI ID in such cases.
>
> What could be the cause of this issue?
I have seen such behaviour on older cards if the card sees two reset
pulses in too short succession - ie. when the second reset pulse happens
while the card is still loading data from the EEPROM. Newer Atheros
cards use I2C EEPROMs, so a chip reset during communication can hang up
the bus to the EEPROM.

cu
Michael