On Thu, 14 Nov 2013 11:36:29 +0000
Nick Kossifidis <mickfl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2013/11/14 Nick Kossifidis <mickfl...@gmail.com>:
> >
> > I think since you want to go that way, it would be nice to switch
> > the binary HAL with the one from FreeBSD or Atheros's LegacyHAL, it
> > should be easy to do so (API should still be the same) and it'll be
> > much easier to compare ath5k/ath9k to madwifi+freebsdHAL/AtherosHAL
> > since we'll also have source code access to the HAL.

The reference edition is for those who want to run MadWifi on the
bleeding edge kernels rather than dual boot.

> Just noticed you've already done the switch, is it Atheros's HAL or
> FreeBSD's ?

It's MadWifi trunk.  It was already present on github:
https://github.com/puzzlet/madwifi

I cloned it and applied the only patch that was present in the latest
snapshot but not in that repository (removal of  __devinitdata).

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin