+ Jouni

On 06/15/15 17:47, Sujith Manoharan wrote:
> Janusz Dziedzic wrote:
>>> At least the callbacks for adding/removing interfaces need
>>> to be handled ?
>>>
>> Strange, but I didn't hit any problem yet with my simple patch.
>
> Ok. But I am not very familiar with how p2p-device is supposed
> to be used...

The p2p-device is designed to be used for p2p discovery and p2p action
frame exchange. It make it easier for driver and/or firmware to
determine if user-space request is p2p related or not. However, in
discussions with Jouni I got the impression that ath (or qca) firmware
and/or drivers did not need this design. Not sure if that claim is
unaffected by the "use_chanctx=1" parameter.

Regards,
Arend