On Friday, June 24, 2016 02:34:30 PM Martin Blumenstingl wrote:
> This makes it possible to configure ath9k based devices using
> devicetree. That makes some out-of-tree "convert devicetree to
> ath9k_platform_data glue"-code obsolete.

Hm, what about the embedded ath9k pcie chips that need the early
pci-fixup routine for the device to work properly [0], [1]? How
will this be handled/integrated? I know that the ar71xx and the
lantiq platforms use similar pci-fixup routines that need a few
bytes from the eeprom/cal data. So lantiq has a few extra properties:
"ath,pci-slot", "ath,device-id" and "ath,eep-flash".

As an example: the AR9280 in the Cisco Z1 AP is initially
0x168c:0xff1f (<-- ath9k doesn't know about that id). The
pci-fixup routine will change it to  0x168c:0x002A. Only
then ath9k can take it over and will initialize it.
Thing is: this is all currently done by platform code for
those architectures... And currently, the request_firmware
doesn't work for caldata on UBI partitions.

Regards,
Christian

[0]
<https://git.lede-project.org/?p=source.git;a=blob;f=target/linux/ar71xx/files/arch/mips/ath79/pci-ath9k-fixup.c;h=22023518069bc9b15b898f12f342b89563358e6a;hb=HEAD>